Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Time for another look.

I met with Dr. Kumar, my gastroenterologist, this morning. My biggest concern is the vasovagal events which are occurring just about once every two weeks. He thinks I might have swung from slow emptying to rapid emptying. If so, my diet is exactly the opposite of what it should be.

We scheduled another gastric emptying test for next Monday. Then I'll see Dr. Kumar again on Wednesday so we can talk through the results. The last time I had this test I was suffering from severe nausea and doubted I could keep down the radioactive egg sandwich required for the test. This time won't be nearly so bad.

By coincidence, my next appoinment with Dr. Evers is on Tuesday.

While I'm learning to resume much of my pre-cancer life despite the discomfort and inconvenience of my persistent digestive issues, it would be even better to get them resolved.

Here's hoping!

1 Comments:

Blogger vkenny said...

Hi Jimmy, Hope & faith will get you through anything, we will continue the prayers that your doctors will be blessed and find a way to make you more comfortable. We know how hard this whole experience has been on you and the entire family, but we also know you will get back everything that had to be put on hold. Keep fighting the good fight.
V

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home