Sunday, May 01, 2005

It's May!

There's not usually a lot of weekend progress in hospitals. Usually another doctor you may not even know is covering for your doctor, and he or she is generally just there for emergencies.

Yesterday, I had different kind of experience. The on-call doctor for my gastroenterologist changed my medicine. He took me off Reglan and gave me a newer drug called "zelnorm" or something like that.

The new medicine seems to be 1- working better than the Reglan and 2- not making me so weepy and depressed. I'm eating a little more, and I'm hopeful this switch may help move me along.

Tomorrow I have an EGD (endoscopy) scheduled for around noon. We'll see what Dr. Kumar finds with that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Hurrah for progress! All fingers around here are crossed for you. Glad things seem to be moving forward for you again.

We love you, Jim!

2:23 AM  
Blogger Drew said...

That's funny, I thought Zelnorm was the name of the fellow who set out to conquer the Earth on a episode of Buck Rogers.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Dorrie said...

Here's to hoping that "April showers bring May flowers." Keep up the progress!

11:24 AM  
Blogger vkenny said...

Hi Jimmy, WooHoo! I smell victory in the air. I'm happy for the good news and of course we will continue the prayers. Keep fighting the good fight!
V

11:41 AM  
Blogger UisceBaGirl said...

Here's to hoping he'll take a peek and send you home! Please let us know how it goes...

Pamela

11:58 AM  
Blogger V.Kelly said...

Jim: Glad to hear that May is bringing you good news. Here is hoping that you are home soon. Kelly

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home