Sunday, April 10, 2005

Just one damn thing after another

I continue to be pain and nausea free.

Unfortunately, last evening and this morning, I experienced severe nervous restlessness. I don't really have the energy to keep moving, because I'm not getting much nutrition, but I can't keep still either.

I talked to Dr. Parker who, fortunately, is on call this weekend. The restlessness is a side effect of the Reglan I'm taking to stimulate my stomach to resume working. I guess it makes sense that if it is designed to make some muscles twitchy, the others can get caught up in the same net.

He told me to take a teaspoonful of liquid Benedryl two or three times a day and that it should clear up.

I have to remind myself that twitchy is bad, but not as bad as nausea or pain.

I guess the greatest disappointment is that we were not able to attend our new nephew's christening in Falls Church today.

1 Comments:

Blogger vkenny said...

Hi Jimmy, Happy to have you back in the saddle, although Judy was a fine stand in in your absence. I know the list of disappointments may seem to be growing but try to concentrate on how far you've come. Hang on a little while longer we know you can and will be whole once again. Keep fighting the good fight!
V

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home