Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Chemo 4.1

FINALLY!!!

After 2 weeks and a few hours delay, we finally started my penultimate round of chemo yesterday. Because of a low grade fever I had last week, my infusions were delayed a bit until Dr. Evers had a chance to check off on my labs. In the end everything was ok, and I got started about noon.

I now have only one dose of taxoll left at the beginning of my last round in May, nine doses of Cisplatin, and nearly 200 hours of 5fu. Current estimated completion date is May 21. Victory party should be a couple of weeks after that.

So far, I'm feeling pretty good. Had my best nights sleep in weeks last night. I'm actually really encouraged to be back on chemo and back on the plan.

3 Comments:

Blogger vkenny said...

Hi Jimmy, Glad to hear the plan is moving forward. Now we can all concentrate our prayers on getting you through the last battle in this epic war. What a joy it will be to have you whole and healthy once again. Keep fighting the good fight!
V

9:53 AM  
Blogger Tom Wolf said...

As Carol once remarked, having your kid undergo emergency brain surgery gives you a whole new definition of a "bad day." Those kinds of experiences also redefine a "good day." I'm glad you're having a good day, at last, and wish you strength and good humor to stay the course.

Love, Tom

1:54 PM  
Blogger cackmandu said...

I must say that I was touched by this blog. I had lost my mother to lung cancer when I was 14. Not trying to freak you out there. But I read your blog and can only imagine that my wonderful mother had the same things running through her mind.

You need to get better! I am not religious but wish that you get back on your feet as soon as possible and enjoy that wonderful life you have craved out for yourself. I will check in again.

Chemo is rough but I am pulling for you. Remember, lifes a garden, dig it!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home