Monday, April 04, 2005

Another Day in the Hospital

I find that I am inclined toward profanity today, but I'll try to behave myself. I'm worried that the made for TV movie of Jim's courageous battle with cancer will have to be on HBO for language.

Jim spent a pretty awful day. The barium swallow turned up no surprises, including the un-surprise that the barium made Jim feel worse. We finally saw our own doctors today, Kumar (GI) and Parker (surgeon). They both confirm that a lower dilitation is what is needed and it will happen tomorrow, hopefully before noon. An increased dose of valium left Jim sleeping this evening, and I hope he can get better rest tonight. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers so that discouragement keeps its distance and hope gets a fighting chance.

Judy

5 Comments:

Blogger Kita28 said...

Judy,

Curse all you want, but they'll have to edit it, because I don't get HBO.

Thank you for blogging when you had such a rough day; it was probably the last thing you wanted to do.

I know that this is discouraging, especially since it must mean a delay in the scheduled last rounds of chemo. But we'll keep you in our prayers that is the last glitch before an upswing to a fast and smooth recovery.

Love,

Kita

8:41 AM  
Blogger vkenny said...

Hi Judy, We have enough experience with these types of setbacks to know how they can effect you both. We will continue
to pray and we have enough prayers and hope in this group to keep anyone from getting discouraged.
Keep fighting the good fight!
V

9:57 AM  
Blogger Karen Davis said...

Jim and Judy - how frustrating all this must be for you. I wish I could wave a wand and make it go away. You have come so far on this journey and you will make it to the finish line with flying colors. I have no doubt. We're keeping up the prayers and good thoughts. Keep the faith. Love, Karen and Greg

1:16 PM  
Blogger Micah said...

I doubt anyone would begrudge you a profanity or two. We're all still pulling for Jim, and thinking of him -- and all of you.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Judy,

I'll go first, then if it works, you can go:

Ahem.

Co--s-cker!!!!


Oh, that was nice. I'd definately recommend that for tension release!

Seriously, we love you guys and if you need us, we're here!

Love,
Jenn

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home