Saturday, March 05, 2005

Trying to get home.

We continue to make progress toward my release from the hospital. Last night I was able to give up my heart monitor, and consequently moved off the Progressive Cardiovascular Unit to room 623 on the floor where I spent my previous sojourn here at St. Mary's.

Today the nurses capped my feeding tube. I've been successfull in eating the "full liquid diet" for the past few days.

We're still working to find an oral pain reliever to replace the intravenous morphine. This is likely the last major obstacle to my release.

Dr's Parker and Evers have both mentioned the possibility of my being released on Monday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom Wolf said...

This is great news, Jim. I know that switching off morphine can be tricky and hope you can make a smooth transition.

I'm packing up my office in preparation for our move at the end of April. Found a postcard I bought in Paris years ago with a Woody Allen quote on the front: "L’éternité c’est long, surtout vers la fin."

Hope to see you soon.

Love, Tom

4:35 PM  
Blogger marian said...

Good luck!

2:00 PM  
Blogger The McGee Clan said...

Glad you are on the UPSWING, Cousin Jim. You are always in our prayers and will continue to always be. All our best to you, Judy, and the kids. Stay well, stay strong, get healthy, and may God continue to bless your healing.

We love you with all our hearts,
Donald,Christy,Kiley,Ryan,& Nolan

2:31 PM  
Blogger UisceBaGirl said...

Jim,

I'm sure you've TOLD them that Guinness is an 'oral pain reliever', haven't you?

Spring may be here on Monday (weatherwise if not equinox) so that might be a good time for you to make your escape.

Thinking of you,

Pamela

10:10 PM  
Blogger vkenny said...

Hi Jimmy, We can not wait until you make it over the wall and are home again. There's no place like home for speeding up the healing process. Ed & I will continue our prayers and we will add your quick release from the hospital to our list.
V

8:46 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Forgive me, Jim--for I have sinned.
I have been a very bad Ba-head (for not being at the pub more often). Ersatz confessinal aside...
Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you, and hope that you're out to enjoy St. Patrick's day (which is just around the bend).
Take care!

~~Angela

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home