Monday, February 07, 2005

Two weeks to surgery.

As Judy's comment noted on Friday, we got great news from the endoscopy ultrasound last week. Dr. Haverty told us he could not see ANY signs of the tumor or impacted lymphnodes. While this does not mean the cancer is necessarily gone, it is very good news.

We had a little trouble with my port-a-cath on Friday, so they inserted an IV in my hand, instead. Tomorrow I'll go to Henrico Doctors Hospital so they can do some kind of a scan, and maybe try to dissolve any clot or blockage they find.

On Thursday, the feast of St. Scholastica, we'll meet with my surgeon, Dr. Parker. I hope he'll be able to let us know what kind of surgery he'll do, and give us some idea of the anticipated recovery.

Next Wednesday, February 16, I'll go to St. Mary's Hospital for some pre-surgical labwork.

Two weeks from today, on the feast of St. Peter Damian, I'll have the long awaited surgery. I report to the hospital at 5:30 am for a 7:30 start time.

In between medical appointments, I'm trying to spend some time at my office.

3 Comments:

Blogger vkenny said...

Hi Jimmy, Great news all around. I know you can not wait until this is all over, the finish line is just ahead. Stay the course, work the plan & we'll all keep praying since this seems to be working really well. Relax, have fun and we will all be waiting to hear the final and best report to date Jimmy Guy is cancer free and completely healed. I am really looking forward to that day for you and your family. Keep fighting the good fight!
V

2:56 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hey Jim,

Jim Guy: Infinity
Cromwell: 0

No matter what happens, you've already won.

Love,
Jenn

7:13 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Wow. There is only a 20% chance of rain Thursday.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home