Saturday, February 26, 2005

He Walks

Here are the reports from Jim's folks and Ed: Jim moved from the step-down unit to another area on the intensive care floor. He's now in a private room, to which he walked under his own power yesterday afternoon. They have dialed back the morphine a bit so that he can be more active. The plan calls for being up and walking twice a day. On Monday, he'll have a barium swallow followed by a CT scan to make sure everything is as it should be inside. If all is well, then the drainage tubes and the NG tube can come out. Jim expressed a fervent desire for this to happen. He is still hazy, but seems pleased with his progress. I get to see him tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well, but I'm sure it's terrible for you to feel icky and to be unable to see him. Hope you both feel better soon!

You're always in my thoughts, and I'll keep praying for the best news possible.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Judy,

I got to swing by and talk with Jim and his parents a bit yesterday afternoon. He looks great, and he waved at me, and I told him we loved him and we were so proud of him. I left the hospital with a big smile and a feeling of happiness and relief. Can't wait til he feels a bit better so we can visit again!
Love,
Jenn

2:58 PM  
Blogger Kita28 said...

Judy,

Wow! This sounds like great progress. Thank you so much for posting it when you still feel so terrible.

I know that it's been an awfully hard week, with all the stress of the operation, and then to feel so ill AND to not be able to see Jim. I hope that things will start looking (and feeling) better for you soon! You are in my heart and prayers at all times - not just Jim but YOU.

All my love (but you knew that),

Kita

7:34 PM  
Blogger Tom Wolf said...

When Dale saw all the tubes and monitors invading and surrounding Jim, he said, "Wow! This is right out of a sci-fi movie!" We are blessed to be able to say that it looks like this one will have a happy ending. I know that Jim is suffering still and experiencing terrible discomfort, which is hard on his whole family, but believe and pray that each day brings him closer to the end of this ordeal.

Love, Tom

8:43 AM  
Blogger UisceBaGirl said...

It's a relief to think that Jim is past the biggest medical crisis at this point, but I'm taking no chance. I'm still sending healing prayers his way. I hope Judy has had a chance to visit him by now and that she got some great rest over the past few days.

My thoughts are with both of you as Jim & Judy both continue to recover.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home