Sunday, January 23, 2005

Countdown to CT Scan.

One week from tomorrow is the big CT scan. Then the next day I meet with Dr. Evers to get his read of the scan. We're on tenterhooks in the meantime.

This period of waiting and percolating is especially challenging to the old attitude. There's a little too much time for quiet introspection. I'm not quite well enough to be fully active and not nearly sick enough to sleep all day.

I've been trying to do at least one thing everyday - repair a faucet, set-up DSL internet service, record and mix a song, run an errand. Most days, one thing is all I can manage. Often, it is enough, too. Repairing the faucet took 45 minutes, tops, but I was able to spend the better part of the rest of the day feeling proud of myself.

We're really tired of the whole thing.

I keep telling myself that once the surgery is scheduled, we'll be on the fast-track back to Wellsville.

We'll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Wow Jim, I really admire your strength.

I think the concept of doing at least one thing a day is very very healthy. The journey of a million miles begins with a single step. And as Bill Murray said in "What About Bob?", "Baby steps get on a bus." (I swear, there is something about a Bill Murray movie that releases seritonin. I'm convinced a regular regimen of Caddyshack, Stripes, and Meatballs has the same affect as a strong Prozac dose.)

Anyhoo, we're all waitin here with you. Baby steps wait for the scan.

Love,
Jenn

10:41 PM  
Blogger vkenny said...

Hi Jimmy, Glad to hear you're doing so well and you seem to have found a great therapy for waiting, doing one thing a day even if it is small can make you feel so much better. Keep fighting the good fight!
V

8:48 AM  
Blogger UisceBaGirl said...

If you have to have all this waiting, maybe this is as good a season as any for it, with grey skies and ice still around. By the time we have blooms and posies, you should be in a much better place.

Books and DVDs make the time go faster, if you are up for that kind of concentration.

Keep bringing us the updates; it is always good to read what you have written and know how you and yours are doing.

Pamela

2:39 PM  
Blogger JMNJFL said...

Jim,

Wellsville sounds like an outstanding place to be on track for. Hope the train is on your schedule... I often wish there were some amazing words of wisdom or something I could say that could add some comfort to the moment... Though not too wise or earthshattering please know that we love you and are keeping you and Judy and gang in our prayers... often!!!!

J & K and family

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home