Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Better every day.

I finished chemo two weeks ago today, and radiation two weeks ago yesterday. Everyday I'm feeling a little better. I'm sleeping well and eating well.

Yesterday and today I spent some time in my office. I went through more than a thousand e-mail messages. On Monday, I went to a legislative reception and dinner and saw a lot of old friends. I'm planning to go to the pub tomorrow night and to join the band for the first set.

I still tire easily, and I get light-headed a lot. The esophagitis is improving, and swallowing has gotten a lot easier. I have visible (just barely) white hair on my head.

I remain very eager to get surgery scheduled, the sooner the better.

6 Comments:

Blogger Micah said...

Congratulations, Jim! You sound like you're doing better every day. I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Jim,

This is very good. Very good. Yay!

Love,
Jenn

6:30 PM  
Blogger vkenny said...

Hi Jimmy, Great news I'm so glad to hear your feeling so much better and getting to do more every day. Keep fighting the good fight!
V

8:45 AM  
Blogger Tom Wolf said...

Wonderful! Hope to see you tonight.

Love,
Tom

9:39 AM  
Blogger John D. Sharer said...

Jim: I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better and were able to spend some time in the office and attend the legislative reception. I look forward to your return to work full time, and in great health, so we can be "gentlemanly adversaries" again. You are in my thoughts and prayers. John.

5:49 PM  
Blogger UisceBaGirl said...

It was terrific to see you performing with the band for the first set! Continue to mend.

Last night you led, as a prelude to Finnigan's Wake, a chorus of "Everything's gonna be all right". May this song rise like a prayer to the ears of our Maker.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home