Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Gentleman Lawyer

Great day today.

Here are some normal things I did today:

  • Parent teacher conference,
  • Went into my office,
  • Discussed a contract negotiation,
  • Lunched with one of my partners,
  • Picked the kids up from school on my own.

I played at being a "gentleman lawyer" today, arriving at my office at 11, leaving shortly after 2 with a break for lunch in between. Still, it was great just to be there. Tomorrow I hope to go a bit longer, maybe get through all my e-mail, mail and some paperwork.

After school we took the kids to Michael's to buy an artificial Christmas tree. The kids are great sports about the "fake" tree. I reminded them that we could put the tree up earlier and leave it up longer. Judy admonished them (and me) that we can't put it up until after Thanksgiving.

We'll see.

Judy also thinks there could not be a worse time to get a puppy. She's probably right. Definitely right.

Not sure my hair will make it to the weekend, so we might have to accelerate the buzz cut date.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Judy is so right. This is probably the worst time to get a puppy...

I'd highly recommend a bichon frise. You'll have a friend for life.

:D

Love,
Jenn

9:51 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Kennel is clean; need to inspect fence for integrity. Need new dog house w/o fireplace insert.

A puppy! A PUPPY? Someone needs to be with them and feed them three times a day after 15 minutes training/play. Big dogs require enthusiasm and discipline.

A puppy would be too too much.

Go for it.

Ed

12:10 AM  
Blogger Tom Wolf said...

Great to see you looking so well yesterday. I'm going to stop waiting for an invitation to come play music and just show up at your house with my guitar one day next week. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love, Tom

11:15 AM  
Blogger UisceBaGirl said...

Puppies are great but don't overlook the joys of having a kitten as well. As a cat person who is owned by a dog, I will say that each animal has its advantages.

I would NOT recommend a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy for your family at this time - Chaos was SO cute as a puppy but quite the Tasmanian devil (all teeth and a blur). He calmed down at about 18 months. Raising a Ridgeback pup would be a great challenge to anyone - probably not the kind of challenge you seek at this time. I highly recommend the breed to anyone who does have the time.

http://rrcus.org/assets/html/breedinfo/downloads.htm

My sister has a pug - if you are looking for a small pudgy dog these are great and don't shed or bark much. Chaos thinks he is a fat 'chew toy' (but plays well with him nonetheless).

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I know I have much to be thankful for and hope that I am thankful for all that I have.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home